Contacts, one of the fundamental and primary features on iPhone, enable us to make phone calls and send messages to the people around us. But what if you accidentally deleted contacts on iPhone? Is there a way to get back an accidentally deleted contact? And how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone effortlessly? This post concludes 4 simple ways to help you undelete contacts on iPhone.
Way 1. How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone without Backup via Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery (Easiest)
Way 2. How to Get Deleted Contacts Back on iPhone via Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor
Way 3. How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone with iCloud Backup
Way 4. How to Restore Deleted Contacts on iPhone from iTunes Backup
Bonus Tips: Back Up iPhone to Avoid Losing Contacts Again
The easiest and fastest way to recover deleted contact numbers without backup on iPhone is by using Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery. This professional and intelligent iPhone recovery program allows you to recover text messages and contacts from iPhone without iTunes backup. In addition, the recovered contacts or SMS contain all details, such as email address, name, phone number, title, nationality, company, etc.
Apart from recovering deleted contacts and SMS from iPhone, this tool also comes with the Recover from iTunes Backup File mode for you to retreive contacts and other files from an iTunes backup without a restore.
Well, this cool data recovery program works well with all generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod, like iPhone12/12 Pro/SE (2nd generation)/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/Xs/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
If you are eager to recover deleted contacts on iPhone without a backup file, I highly recommend you to try it.
How to recover deleted phone numbers on iPhone?
1. Launch Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery on your computer after installation. Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable. Then Trust this computer on iPhone as prompted.
2. After connected, you will see this interface on the program as below. Tick Contacts and then tap Start scan option on this program to begin automatic scanning of the iPhone data. After scanning, all contacts will be listed on this program.
3. How to view deleted contacts on iPhone? You can click Contacts from the left panel of the data recovery tool and you will see the recoverable contacts in red color and the existing contacts in black in the right window. Just preview the contact details and select the contacts you want to recover. Then hit the Recover to Computer button below to recover deleted numbers.
Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor is the second way to get contacts back to iPhone. If you have backed up iPhone data with iTunes before they are missing, you can extract iPhone data from default iTunes backup file on computer without connecting iPhone to computer. And it supports to restore photos, contacts, calendars, SMS, reminders, call history, etc. from computer to iPhone. Besides, you can also preview the thumbnails of data to decide which one to recover. Likewise, it is also widely compatible with all types of iPhone, iPad and iPod.
How to get deleted numbers back?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor on your computer, and it will show the backup records of devices you have synced with this computer. Select the right backup history for iPhone and click Start scan button to move on.
2. After scanning, you will see all iPhone contents in different categories on this program.
3. Select Contacts from the left window, check the files you want to recover from the right window, click the Recover button at the lower right corner and tap OK to restore deleted numbers to iPhone.
If you have previously synced contacts from iPhone to iCloud, which contain deleted contacts, there is a chance that you will restore deleted contacts from iCloud backup. However, note that this way can only undelete contacts that you synced to iCloud previously, not the contacts that you have transferred to the iCloud server.
How to retrieve deleted phone numbers on iPhone?
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap your Apple ID and select iCloud.
3. Switch off Contacts option if it is on, and choose Keep on My iPhone. Then turn on Contacts again and tap Merge. After that, you will restore contacts from iCloud to iPhone.
Besides, here is another way on how to restore deleted contacts on iPhone from iCloud: Visit iCloud official website in a web browser > Sign in with the same Apple ID and password > Enter the code if you have turned on two-factor authentication > Click Settings > Choose Restore Contacts under Advanced > Select an archive on iPhone to restore contacts to.
For users who have backed up contacts with iTunes beforehand, you can restore deleted contacts from iTunes backup easily. However, contacts from iTunes backup may erase all existing contacts on your iPhone.
How to find deleted contacts on iPhone?
1. Use a USB cable to connect iPhone to the computer which you have backed up contacts to.
2. Run iTunes on your computer if it does not launch automatically, and choose Restore backup.
3. Select the proper backup file which was made before contacts get lost and tap Restore. Wait until the restoration process is over. Then check whether the lost contacts are now on your iPhone or not.
Now you may have understood how to recover deleted numbers on iPhone. To avoid losing contacts from iPhone again, I strongly recommend you to back up contacts on iPhone regularly. Besides, below are some other tricks about contacts which may be helpful for you.
1. How to fix "iPhone contacts' names are missing" problem?
Sometimes, you may find that the contacts do not show names or only display the first names. Well, this problem may have something to do with iCloud syncing. How to fix? You can go to iPhone Settings > Tap your Apple ID > iCloud > Turn off Contacts option if it is on, or delete the existing iCloud contacts > Restart iPhone and enable Contacts again.
2. How to fix "iPhone contacts not syncing with iCloud" issue?
If you meet this problem, you can solve it by going to the Settings of iPhone > Tapping your Apple ID > Selecting Sign out to unlink iCloud account with your iPhone. After that, you can reassociate it to your device again.
If you lose contacts from iPhone accidentally or intentionally and are eager to know how to recover deleted contacts from iPhone, don't worry, you can follow above 4 easy ways to restore or recover deleted numbers on iPhone. As Coolmuster iPhone Data Recovery lets you undelete contacts from iPhone without previous backup, I highly recommend you to try it. Besides, if you have backed up iPhone contacts, you can retrieve lost contacts from backup files.
Well, if there is an iTunes backup on your computer, I also recommend you to try Coolmuster iPhone Backup Extractor, which is much easier to use than iTunes. Of course, it's all up to you.
Finally, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.