Backing up your iPhone on computer frequently can solve your lots of puzzles when you suffer from iPhone data loss due to unknown reasons. In this way, you'll never worry about losing important data unconsciously. However, many iPhone users are still confused about how to back up iPhone data to Mac or computer manually. So in this article, we could like to show you two different ways to backup your iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5 completely. You can compare these different methods and decide which one is better according to your own needs.
Method One: Back up iPhone without iTunes
Method Two: Using iTunes to Backup iPhone Data
Now, let's us start our journey.
Some people want to find an easy to use iPhone backup software to backup their iPhone data on computer completely. And they also want to store files in standalone files, so that they can use iPhone files in any purposes as they like. Under this situation, Coolmuster iOS Assistant comes here to meet your demands. Both of them enable you to export all files on iPhone like photos, movies, playlist, books, etc. to computer with one simple click. The exported files will be preserved as well as the original files. (For Mac users, you can rely on this Coolmuster iPad iPhone iPod to Mac Transfer.)
Free download the Coolmuster program and have a try!
1) Connect your iPhone to your computer, then launch the program. The main interface will be shown on your computer's screen. You can see that all files on your iPhone have been divided into different folders.
2) Go to the specific folders and click "Check All" option in the bottom of the panel, then you can click "Export" to backup data to computer. What's more, if you only want to backup specific files, you can choose them and export these files as you like.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer
Best Way to Encrypt iPhone Backup Files
iTunes, as the best file manager and assistant of iDevices, have provided iPhone, iPad and iPod users with unlimited convenient functions in the daily life and work. So it is undoubted that using iTunes you can backup your iPhone data completely. Actually, there are two options for backing up iPhone with iTunes: backup data to computer and backup data to iCloud.
Note: How to Sync iOS Device with iCloud
In this page, we could like to focus on how to backup iPhone data to computer with iTunes. You can follow the below instructions to do it step by step.
Note: Before we start the process, please be sure that you've installed iTunes on your computer.
1) Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer, and sign in with your Apple ID.
2) Connect your iPhone to computer and then sync it to the iTunes, then you'll see below interface.
3) Click "Back Up Now" button and then you'll see the progress bar that tell you the status of your backup. When it is finished, your iPhone backup files on computer is updated.
4) If you want to see all backups on your computer, you can select Preferences from the iTunes menu.
With these steps, you can backup all your iPhone data to Mac or Windows computer completely. However, the new generated iPhone backup files can't be viewed directly. So if you want to backup iPhone data and want to use the specific music or photo files in other place without any restrictions, we can try the second method.
More Related Articles:
Useful iTunes Backup Tips You Can't Miss